Bringing content and Text and Data Mining applications together to foster Open Science and Innovation
OpenMinTeD is dedicated to offering advanced high-quality TDM-related services to researchers, TDM experts, SMEs and industry – anyone interested in making sense and extracting hidden knowledge from the huge bulks of scientific and scholarly content.
In short, the OpenMinTeD services aim to help users by allowing them to:
- Discover TDM applications: The OpenMinTeD registry is the place where…
- Researchers are able to find the most fitting applications for their work
- Text and data miners share their components and applications
- Application developers mix and match NLP components to build TDM applications
- Retrieve Open Access Content: The OpenMinTeD content aggregator makes it possible for:
- Researchers to find or build corpora from OA scientific and scholarly literature data sources
- Content providers to put forward their content to be further and intelligently used in research
- Run applications on the cloud: A trusted and connected cloud computing environment built in OpenMinTeD where
- Researchers are able to utilize computing resources to seamlessly run TDM on OA content
- Researchers share and publish annotated corpora as research results
- Application developers build and evaluate more complex NLP related workflows.
The catalogue contains pieces of software that perform basic tasks and can be reused to build applications. It targets mainly TDM developers who know how to combine them together in order to build workflows with the OpenMinTeD workflow editor and finally offer them to end-users in the form of ready-to-use applications.
The catalogue offers mainly datasets of Open Access scholarly publications, registered in the OpenMinTeD platform. Users can browse through publicly available corpora and select among them those that interest them for mining purposes.
The catalogue includes Machine Learning (ML) models and computational grammars that can be combined with TDM software, as well as annotation resources (lexica, ontologies, etc.), that can be used for annotating content resources. Users can browse through the catalogue or discover resources according to specific criteria.
This service mechanism allows users to form a collection of Open Access scholarly and scientific content from major content aggregators (i.e. OpenAIRE, CORE) and create a “corpus” to mine.
Catering for legal interoperability, OpenMinTeD has elaborated a Licence Compatibility Matrix, a service that expands its usage beyond OpenMinTeD. It demonstrates the compatibility among available licences on content, software and services.
The OpenMinTeD training and support services aim to raise awareness about TDM among researchers and instruct them on how to integrate it in their research activities and workflows. There’s also dedicated training material on promoting the uptake of the OpenMinTeD platform.